Monday, October 19, 2009

For those who are lost...

Granted this still might not help, but ya never know. The Parodyverse in which Burnt Toast Diner exists (see link) is separate from most of what you see on Twitter and other interactions (RP) I am involved in elsewhere. In terms of the Parody Universe, Tarot aka Trace aka @Tarot1 and I are traveling around, lookin' for the Sullivan Brothers Carnival and she's retired from Nursing and was recently captured by that lot from Building 26 and I got her free. In terms of most of what you see on Twitter, I'm stayin' with Tarot, who is still actively working as an 11-7 nurse and she's not recently been captured by anyone. Which is why you'll see me "tweeting" about what she's doing and remindin' her to go to bed. We would join the Carnival if we could find it, but Tarot, while she's a more powerful seer than she gives herself credit for, she's not a locator. True, I could've had Molly find them, but I didn't want to involve her and I thought it was enough of an imposition to ask her to find Tarot for me. I know what it's like to be taken advantage of for your power. It sucks, quite frankly, and while I may not be a people person there are some things I just won't do. That is one of them. And no, I wasn't tossin' Peter Petrelli off the roof of the Deveaux building for my own amusement. He needed to get a handle on his powers and quickly. If you'll recall, he was in danger of blowin' up most of New York, as well. He was one of my students who needed to be shown what he was capable of. And for the record, I had thought that tossin' Peter off the roof would have shocked him into flying. Fortunately, he had also copied Claire's ability to rapidly heal as well as his brother's flight. And while I'm discussin' what I will and will not do, I'd like to add one thing to that list as well as to my list o' rules. I've come to a decision. I'm not cuttin' my student, Tarot, loose regardless of whatever you see on telly or the latest replacement for Isaac puts in an online graphic novel. While I don't do domestic and I firmly believe that people as whole are a selfish and deceitful lot (that whole "balloon boy" hoax being exhibit A of that), and those that I had trusted most treated me like absolute shite, I'm not about to do that to one of the few people who's been more than decent to me even if I'm not always that nice to her. While she's far from perfect, and sometimes I wonder if she' off her trolley, Tarot is loyal to me. So no, I won't chuck her out in the cold. Yeah, I know, I left Peter, but there really wasn't much more I could have taught him and besides, now Bennet knows he failed to kill me. No tellin' who else that backstabber revealed that little tidbit to. As for Tarot, she's been up front with me and told me she'd called the Company to leave nasty messages for Thompson's son. She also told me they'd grabbed her when she was 4 and may very well be lookin' for her now. While I don't buy the whole Primatech is gone as I know the Company is likely to continue in some form (My recent run in with Building 26 being proof of that), I do appreciate that she warned me about what she knew as well as the fact that she told me to run if they come for her. I'd thought, initially, that she was just tellin' me what I wanted to hear, but I've gotten to know Tarot, and while she has her flaws, given what I've seen, if I run, I'm takin' her with me. If I can help her get some control over her gift before that happens, so much the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment