Monday, September 21, 2009

Ground rules

Given all the activity on Twitter and elsewhere, I reckoned I should set up some ground rules.


1) Canon - while I realize a good many break this or ignore it by choice, I don't. If it's canon and by that I mean something that that dimension on the other side of the 4th wall managed to show on Telly or in one of those online Graphic Novels that Isaac Mendez painted before he died, than as far as I am concerned it happened and supersedes anything else. You want to break Canon with your tweets or whatever, have at. I won't. At most, I embellish and try to fill a few gaps in, and as far as the folks I chat with on Twitter go, unless they claim canon status, I'm treating things as they are, that being that there's a major rift between the dimensions and there are often multiple variations of the same person running about. As for me chatting with folks I normally wouldn't, well, with that rift going on, a good many are a lot different and more tolerable than those in my home dimension.

2) Shipping and Slash - see canon above and also note that while a good many are doing this I am not. Anyone wondering why the "*awkward*" comment gets thrown about there it is and just for the record, I am straight. I just don't do domestic. You lot wanna pair off and "dance," have at, just leave me out of it. And Read my previous post containing my profile if you want to know why I get so upset with all the "*gropes*" business being tossed about. I'm invisible unless I tell you otherswise and unless we are in the same area, you can't grope me, not to mention that I don't like it. While I'm aware there's another bloke claiming to be not only me, but "mostly canon" running about, I am not him and he is not me. Maybe he will enjoy your attentions. Maybe he won't.

3) My "student" - until and unless canon contradicts my interaction with her, I will mention her from time to time. There is some history and I had Molly track her down recently. Goodness knows she made enough fuss looking for me. All you need know is I met her in 1994 while still working with the Company and only recently reconnected. And yes I'm trying to train her.

4) The Burnt Toast Diner - go ahead and read it. It's amusing if not necessarily accurate. I post there for fun sometimes.

5) OOC or Out Of Character Comments- I try to avoid those but occasionally I will comment on something going on on the other side of that 4th wall. And I thought I saw odd things before the rift!

No comments:

Post a Comment